This update contains the following topics:
- Cleaning and Disinfectant Supplies in Campus Buildings
- Public Health Signage
- Masking Signage on Exterior Doors
Cleaning and Disinfectant Supplies in Campus Buildings
It has been requested by senior leadership that a supply of disinfectants, related cleaning supplies, and face coverings be maintained on-site in each building with instructional spaces. To help support this request:
- Physical Plant has placed 500 one-gallon bottles of hand sanitizer in building entrances and high-traffic areas across campus. These bottles are checked nightly and refilled as needed.
- Physical Plant will place two one-gallon containers of disinfectant wipes in the main entrance of classroom buildings before the start of the fall semester. These containers will be checked and restocked nightly.
Please note that Physical Plant will no longer stock wipes, spray disinfectant, and paper towels in classrooms.
Ordering Cleaning/Disinfecting Supplies and PPE
With the exceptions listed above, procurement and distribution of cleaning/disinfecting consumables and PPE has returned to our normal (pre-pandemic) process. Physical Plant will no longer provide wipes, spray disinfectant, and paper towels in classrooms. Any cleaning/disinfecting supplies or PPE needed for regular, ongoing day-to-day operations (such as masks, mask fitters, gloves, face shields, and gowns) will continue to be available at no cost through ShopUW+ until current inventories are exhausted. Once that occurs, these items should be procured by the base unit/lab/school/college from other ShopUW+ vendors using normal practices.
Orders will typically be delivered the next working day after the order is placed. To find these items from the ShopUW+ home page, go to Shopping Home > Facility Supplies > MDS Warehouse. A keyword search (e.g., “mask”) can be used to find the items of interest. The suggested disinfectant (that Physical Plant uses) is called Oxivir Tb and is available in one-quart spray bottles on ShopUW+.
To ensure availability of these supplies, we are requesting that building managers and department contacts identify a space within your building where disinfecting supplies and PPE can be kept for issuing and that they notify FP&M customer service of the location. Ordering instructions are in the previous section, so that you can procure and stock the space you identified. Although these supplies will be spot-checked by FP&M Custodial Services, we are asking departments to partner with us to ensure adequate stock is ordered and available for your buildings.
Updated: If you would also like to place some of the disinfecting materials and face coverings in common areas, and you do not have a suitable location, you may order tables by contacting Physical Plant Customer Service. A limited number of tables are available on a first-come, first-served basis and delivered to building loading docks as time permits.
Reminder: Public Health Signage Now Available
New and updated public health signage is now available to campus units at no cost from DoIT Printing and Publishing Services. Available signs include:
- Mask Required
- Handwashing Steps
- Cleaning & Disinfection
- Kitchen-Breakroom Etiquette
- Drinking Fountain Etiquette
- Know the Symptoms of COVID-19
As we approach the beginning of the fall semester, we remind building managers to:
- Make sure that the standard signage is posted in your building.
- Hang the signage according to best practices:
- Use the command strips provided with the signs.
- Place the signage in a highly visible location.
- Avoid adhering signage to wood or upholstered surfaces.
- Mount signs so that the top of the main heading is 60 inches from the floor.
- Post signs consistently within and through rooms, where possible.
- Avoid modifying the signs in any way.
- Replace any damaged or defaced signs (for exterior signs, see below).
Note: Please remove any signage with the Smart Restart logo and replace it with updated signage, as necessary.
Reminder: Masking Signage on Exterior Doors
Campus has developed signage for building entrances to reflect the campus guidelines for face coverings/masks. Physical Plant has recently completed the installation of these signs.
Please do not remove, tamper with, or obscure masking signs on exterior doors in any way.
If you encounter a sign that you believe has been posted in error, an entrance missing a sign, or a sign that needs replacement, please contact Physical Plant Customer Service.
For more information and resources for building managers, please visit the FP&M Facility/Building Manager Tools page.