This week’s message includes important information about the university’s COVID-19 response plans for the spring semester, as well as changes to custodial services and other FP&M operations.
Updated Information about the Spring Semester COVID-19 Response
Campus has now published an extensive FAQ about the Safer Badgers program and other aspects of the COVID-19 response for the spring semester.
Custodial Services for the Spring 2019 Semester
On January 25, custodians will shift focus back to cleaning instructional spaces and some virtual learning and assessment spaces, as well as restrooms and building common areas.
Campus units are once again responsible for cleaning laboratories and shared offices, in addition to private offices. They continue to be responsible for removing trash and recycling to central locations in their buildings. Please be sure to communicate this change to the occupants for your building.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Physical Plant Customer Service or your building’s custodial supervisor.
Reminder: Safer Badgers Signage
- New building entry signs will be posted to support the Safer Badgers program. These will be installed by Physical Plant staff. At this point we anticipate these going up in the next couple of weeks.
- Some locations will receive entry wayfinding signage to direct people to the designated primary entrance and/or a testing site. These will also be installed by Physical Plant staff.
Reminder: Other COVID-19 Signage
The signage ordering site has been updated. Signage encouraging public health best practices and procedures is up-to-date and ready for use in the Spring semester.
- As the Spring semester approaches, please review the public health signage in your building and order new signs as needed to support public health and building flow management.
- There is a new interior sign—an awareness poster that lists the steps for getting the Safer Badgers app, getting tested, and maintaining building access—that will be available in mid-January. We recommend that you order and post this sign in public areas when it becomes available.
- Signs at the entrances and elevators will continue to be managed by the Physical Plant. If these signs need to be replaced, please contact Physical Plant Customer Service.
Reminder: Spring Semester Loading Dock Access
The Safer Badgers program requires some changes to loading dock access in monitored buildings. In general, we recommend that loading docks remain unlocked. The following conditions apply for monitored buildings:
- Signage at the loading dock must indicate that it is not an authorized building entrance; this signage should direct people to the entrance monitored by Badger Wellness Ambassadors.
- The loading dock must be periodically checked to verify that people are not using it as a building entrance instead of the monitored entrance.
- The loading dock must be locked if these checks find that the dock is being used inappropriately as a building entrance.
Buildings that are not being monitored as part of the Safer Badgers program may continue to provide access to their loading docks as they are currently.