As the university continues to expand in-person instruction, FP&M continues to make adjustments to support shifting activity levels on campus.
Mice and Other Pests
As outdoor temperatures cool, mice and other pests often attempt to invade campus buildings. Lower occupancy levels makes this easier to go unnoticed. Please work with your building occupants to keep an eye out for signs of mice and other pests. Report pest-related issues to Physical Plant Customer Service.
Polling Locations on Campus
UW-Madison will host a number of polling locations for the November 3 general election.
- University Club
- Below Alumni House
- University Apartments Community Center
- Wisconsin Energy Institute
- Nicholas Recreation Center
- Chazen Museum of Art
- Memorial Union
The allocated spaces in these facilities will be unavailable for normal use from 6am on November 3rd until approximately 7am on November 4th. Cleaning and disinfecting is planned to take place overnight.
Note: An extended delay in closing the polls could impact availability the following morning. For information, please contact Jesse Winters (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reminder: Building Access and Locking
On September 26, building access returned to the modified fall semester schedule .
- For a list of buildings that remain locked, visit the FP&M Operational Status page.
- All other buildings have reverted to their normal business hours.
- To request changes in building access, contact UWPD Access Control Office (email@example.com).
Reminder: Signage Requirements
It continues to be critical that building occupants understand public health protocols and other COVID-related guidance. It more important than ever for building managers to:
- Make sure that the required standard signage is posted in your building.
- Hang the signage according to established guidance.
- Avoid modifying the signs in any way.
- Replace any damaged or defaced signs.
Signage is available to campus units at no additional cost from DoIT Printing and Publishing Services.
Note: Physical Plant is responsible for posting signage at building entrances and in elevators. Please notify Physical Plant Customer Service about any missing, damaged, or defaced building entrance or elevator signs.