Street, parking lot, and pedestrian detours that are part of the Bascom Hill/Lathrop Drive Utility Project have shifted as contractors begin to prepare for additional excavation.
Note: placement of fences and sidewalk closures for work may vary as work continues. Always follow the detours as marked by signs on site.
- The main pedestrian paths between Lathrop Hall and South Hall are unavailable. Detour to
the east around the Law Building, or use paths to the west of Birge Hall to access the Bascom
Hall and Hill area.
- The sidewalk connection between Birge Hall and South Hall and the Law Building is closed. Use
pedestrian detour to the north via Bascom Hill or the detour to the south along University Avenue.
- South Hall solely accessible using the north-south sidewalk between North and South
Halls. To access the Law Building from South Hall, you must go north to North Hall, east to the
Education Building, then south. At least one ADA door available for South Hall at all times
- The sidewalk from the Botany Gardens to the north Lathrop Hall building access point is
closed. Detour to sidewalk near University Avenue to approach Lathrop Hall from the south
or east. At least one ADA door available for Lathrop Hall at all times during work.
Vehicle traffic and bicycle impacts
- There is no through-traffic on Lathrop Drive.
- Lot 115 (contains UW Disabled permit stalls) is only available from Charter Street.
- Lot 5 (contains UW Disabled permit stalls) is only accessible from Park Street.
- Lincoln Drive is closed (except for emergency vehicles).
- Parking stalls behind Birge Hall have been relocated.
- Use the southern loading dock (accessible via Lathrop Drive) for deliveries to Birge Hall.
- Service vehicles should conform to the “No Parking” signs along Lathrop Drive in Lot 115.