The Bascom Hill/Lathrop Drive Utility (Phase 1) project replaces, relocates and/or constructs new:
- Thermal utilities (steam and chilled water)
- Electrical utilities (primary electric/signal communications)
- Civil utilities (domestic water, sanitary sewer and storm sewer)
This project takes place in two areas:
- Between North Charter Street and Music Hall along Lathrop Drive
- Between Bascom Hall and North Park Street north to Observatory Drive in the Bascom Hill area.
Latest Project News
Eastbound 81 detoured until further notice.January 23, 2020
Closures on Observatory Drive as part of the Bascom-Lathrop Utility Project.December 20, 2019
A photo essay about the progress of the Bascom/Lathrop Utility Project.December 17, 2019
- More Bascom-Lathrop Utilities posts
A NOTE ON TERMINOLOGY
The Bascom-Lathrop Utility (Phase 1) project uses DOA/DFDM terminology to refer to the discrete parts of the project. In the current phase there are multiple packages (each of which is bid separately); each package contains one or more stages of work.
For example, the work starting the week of August 5 is Phase 1—Package 2, Stage 1.