The Bascom Hill/Lathrop Drive Utility (Phase 1) project replaces, relocates and/or constructs new:
- Thermal utilities (steam and chilled water)
- Electrical utilities (primary electric/signal communications)
- Civil utilities (domestic water, sanitary sewer and storm sewer)
This project takes place in two areas:
- Between North Charter Street and Music Hall along Lathrop Drive
- Between Bascom Hall and North Park Street north to Observatory Drive in the Bascom Hill area.
Latest Project News
A photo essay about boring equipment for the Bascom/Lathrop Utility Project.November 19, 2019
Street, parking lot, and pedestrian detours on Bascom Hill.October 30, 2019
Saturday, September 14 at 7am.September 13, 2019
- More Bascom-Lathrop Utilities posts
A NOTE ON TERMINOLOGY
The Bascom-Lathrop Utility (Phase 1) project uses DOA/DFDM terminology to refer to the discrete parts of the project. In the current phase there are multiple packages (each of which is bid separately); each package contains one or more stages of work.
For example, the work starting the week of August 5 is Phase 1—Package 2, Stage 1.